Cover Production Process Part 2 - Deciding Fonts

In my last post, I discussed what I liked and disliked about each template-- one element being the font. Today I will continue editing the template, but now I'll focus on the numerous font options. It might not seem like it, but fonts are VERY important in magazines. Through research, I found out that travel magazines with a hand drawn, narrow letters, are "friendlier." It's more casual and relaxing, which I think goes with my theme. But, hand drawn cursive letters are more elegant and stand out. So here is what those type of fonts would look like with my Masthead. The fonts below resemble handwriting and they're called Kalam Light and Amatic SC: 



These fonts are nice, but they aren't as appealing or attention-grabbing. I googled "Handwritten fonts from Canva" and found "Script." Here's what it looks like!!

Script:
Although, the font doesn't really go with the modernness of the rest of the cover, I still really like how the G and R's are curved at the bottom, making the entire title stand out. I'm considering altering the cover to the second spread so it can look like this:

I also edited the cover lines on the bottom, so the main cover story is the biggest and relevant to the photo. Something I will consider next is colors for the fonts, because I want to make sure those reading the cover can clearly see the coverlines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelogged: Cities of the World Edition

My city edition of Travelogged is finally complete! So excited to share it: The link: https://drive.google.com/fil...