Double Page Spread Production Process Part 1 - Deciding Templates and Layout

Now, it's time for the hard part. The double page spread allows Cambridge to preview what the actual magazine content would be like, and I want it to look like it could be successful. As usual, I want to keep my theme modern and I want it to match the rest of my magazine. Matching as been the hardest part and my biggest doubt when constructing the the cover and TOC and now for my double page spread. The templates I'm deciding from are these:




I utilized shapes again for the blue and gold background spreads and I also used the colors that I really liked. For the page with the big picture, I think it looks to traditional and might come off as boring- something I'm also afraid of! But sometimes I think following the traditional layout might be beneficial since it follows typical genre conventions. Regardless, I chose to do the gold and blue spread because the pictures are big (which is the main attractive aspect in travel magazines) and the spread is modern, and it's easier to have a second page without looking boring. Since my spread has to be double paged, I reversed the layout for the second page so the pictures were on the left. Put next to each other, it would look like the pictures are in the middle, and the copy is on the outside. The first thing consumers will see is the pictures, which will ultimately draw their attention. The "Guide for the Grid" spread is only if I have enough time to write another article. I chose these two for the double page spread since they're both connected to each other so there's more of a connection. Next class I'm going to draft my stories and edit photos to wrap up the project. This month has gone by so fast and I can't believe I'm almost done with this process!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelogged: Cities of the World Edition

My city edition of Travelogged is finally complete! So excited to share it: The link: https://drive.google.com/fil...