TOC Production Process Part 1 - Deciding Templates

From peer feedback last week, I got great advice to implement shapes for my TOC with locations in them. So here are a few templates I've been working on!

 



Since I couldn't find a template that would allow me to place shapes in the middle, I found this layout pack called White Minimalist Travel Magazine on Canva. This name might seem familiar since the cover layout was one of my considerations.I really like the simplicity of the shapes and for my second page of TOC, I can reverse the words and the photos to opposing sides. I'm not sure how I'm going to write article titles on the text column but there's a lot of space to come up with something.



I found this template during research and I complained about the tint. SO I changed the background to white, removed the template photos and text and started from scratch. I tried to change the pictures to white but since the background was white...you couldn't see it. I also couldn't find out a way to place photos in the shapes without cutting off too much of the photo, and I tried to add transparency to various triangles and squares but they wouldn't fit as neatly as I wanted.
Instead I'm going to use the White Minimalist Template (below) and next class I'll figure out the various aspects to designing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelogged: Cities of the World Edition

My city edition of Travelogged is finally complete! So excited to share it: The link: https://drive.google.com/fil...