TOC Production Process Part 3 - Deciding Pictures and Titles

So, I already discussed which photos I am using for the TOC and how they correspond with the colors in my last blog. But regarding titles, I managed to move things around to fit the 5 "On the Cover" coverlines on the first page of my TOC:


The process took me basically all class and I only got one page done so far. This page was easier since I know what coverlines to put. I also chose to put the pages in number order because if you couldn't tell already, I love organization and order. The summaries are short and concise under the titles that are enough to grab your attention, but don't take away from the article itself. For example, for Life of a Londoner, I just wrote that it was a day of the life of a London teen and included adjectives like bustling to connote excitement. I also used the same font for all summaries and titles and kept it as neat and pleasing to the eye as I could. However, one of my favorite aspects of my Table of Contents is the bottom teaser "Adventure Awaits..." This works so well with travel genre conventions of seeking new experiences at just the flip of a page. Next I have to come up with more titles and enticing topics to write for the second page of my TOC that have to do wit my (now) city theme. Some that I wrote down were Underrated Cafes and Restaurants and tips on quick transportation 
I'm super excited about how the TOC is looking so far but I'm looking forward to the double page spread that I'll work on next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelogged: Cities of the World Edition

My city edition of Travelogged is finally complete! So excited to share it: The link: https://drive.google.com/fil...