DBS Production Process - Part 2: Editing Photos

A couple of days ago I asked my close friend to play around with editing some of my photos on the app VSCO. I've been telling her about my magazine and she helped me find the perfect filter, the perfect range of exposure to brightness, and which photos I want to use. The first thing she edited was this photo of the Statue of Liberty:

Before ^^ 


After ^^
I really like how it looks a lot brighter, and the blue tint looks really good with my theme.
But I'm worried that it looks too purple and the other pictures won't look good with it. So I put the filter on some other pictures too to see how it would look.

Here was the process:
I first edited the saturation to +1.0 to brighten the picture, but not take away from the rest of the elements on my page:

Then I put contrast to +1.5, to also clear up the photos and highlights:

Next I put my exposure -0.8, which allows more light in the photo:

The last step was adding the filter: C1!!

I think this photo was definitely one of the best edits because the filter makes it look so cool. Some of the other photos looked too dark, or too bright with these presets, so I did have to alter it. But I thought I would choose this picture to edit because the colors look so amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelogged: Cities of the World Edition

My city edition of Travelogged is finally complete! So excited to share it: The link: https://drive.google.com/fil...