Revising My TOC

With only a couple weeks left until my foundation portfolio is due, it's critical to get as much done as possible, especially since I'll be out of town during Spring Break. Before I begin the next step of my project, my double page spread, I want to fix anything from the TOC from last week. The first thing I edited was my page numbers. Originally I numbered the pages 1-20, but I failed to consider that not every page has an article in typical magazines. For my genre, travel, the magazines are filled with photos of attractive locations, not just articles. Also magazines are around 100 pages, so I spaced out the numbers of my table of contents and any article that was just a list, I would only put it on one page. But, if it was a multi part spread or article, I would space out the pages more. I ended at 84 pages because my sell line says "Around the World in 80 Pages." I also put a dash (-) in front of every summary so the title of the article and summary can be differentiated. Another change that was extremely beneficial was to zoom in on the spread and fix any spacing problems or text alignments. By zooming in I was able to notice small changes that helped keep my magazine organized. I'll do the same for my Double Page Spread!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelogged: Cities of the World Edition

My city edition of Travelogged is finally complete! So excited to share it: The link: https://drive.google.com/fil...