TOC Production Process Part 2 - Deciding Fonts and Colors

Ever since the beginning of this process I wanted to use white, gold, and blue as my color scheme. It's kind of hard to stick to gold, since it doesn't really correlate with typical travel conventions. But since one of my locations, London, features Big Ben, I used that picture to pull out the gold so the second page of the TOC would match. The first page of TOC was a photo from San Francisco, in Union Square, which brought out the blue that I wanted for my theme as well. Here's what the colors look like with the (unedited) photos! I want to use these colors for the double page spread as well.





The two top pictures, which I also took of course, was from an airplane window. One was when I flew to The Bahamas and the other was when I flew to Jamaica, so I had a lot of ocean to work with.

For fonts, I already knew that I wanted to use the script font and I really like the way it looks. I used the script font for the masthead and I want to use it throughout the double page spread too. It's really elegant and works well against a modern theme. So I used the script font to write "Contents" with the designated colors from the shapes and photo:


When I post the entire magazine, you'll be able to see how the colors all compliment each other as you flip through the TOC. I'm very excited to work on the double page spread too, because I want it all to coordinate.
Lastly, I'm using the same font that I wrote coverlines with, to show the summaries and titles of my articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travelogged: Cities of the World Edition

My city edition of Travelogged is finally complete! So excited to share it: The link: https://drive.google.com/fil...